Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Take 2

I can't sit still or seem to hold a thought in my head! Medical has cleared me healthy to return to Pole! I'm scheduled on a flight tomorrow morning. It must be a cargo flight as there are only 2 passengers. My friend, Eli, is still recovering and with any luck, she will only be a few days behind me on returning to Pole. Medical has a plan for slowly integrating me back into altitude, so once I arrive it will be another 4 day vacation. Good thing I have many books to read. I must wear my Norwegian stubbornness and independence out in the open a little more than I thought. While I was recovering, the friends and family who know me best sent emails making certain that I was being a good patient and listening to the doctors. I promise this time! I will be a model patient! I will seek counseling on getting over my aversion to peeing in cans and funnels. I will drink lots of water. I will take my Diamox. I will not sneak to the gym and start exercising before I'm supposed to. This time, I will be at the Pole for longer than 5 days.

No comments: